I’m Dave Price and I operate a freelance writing/speaking/tour guiding practice in Washington, DC. Prior to starting my freelance practice in 2017, I was a journalist (10 years) and an educator and consultant (29 years).
In my writing, I’m focusing on 3 subjects:
- the Baby Boomer generation
- classic rock and
- issues of aging
I’m writing about all 3 areas as a featured contributor to both Booming Encore and Sixty and Me online magazines. I have created and continue to curate, write for, and publish an individual blog on each of the subjects, as well as manage related social media sites on Facebook and Twitter.
I am also researching a book planned to be published in 2019 tentatively titled Rock of Agers: A 5-Decade Trip Through Classic Rock from 1964 to Today
As a speaker, presenter, and guest lecturer, I:
- deliver talks on active aging, Boomer lifestyles, and working after retirement
- offer researched, interactive presentations on classic rock topics of special interest to residents of the DC metropolitan area
- direct writing workshops for seniors, students, and job-seekers and
- guide small-group walking tours around the nation’s capital to visit sites associated with Baby Boomer history or the classic DC rock scene.
I also curate and publish the blog Tear Down the Walls, which is designed to resist the “isms” that divide us and encourage creating community with civility, respect, empathy, understanding, and truth.
Here is a link to an online version of what academics call a CV and most of us know as a resume. You can find out more there about who I am and what I have done.
Again, thanks for checking out my writer’s page. I hope you found things here to interest you and keep you coming back. If you have any questions or comments, just use the link to the Write On with Dave Price contact form displayed in the banner menu on the Home Page.